Bugs happen, and you might know how to fix one! Because we don’t allow everybody write access to the official code repository (everybody has access to read, though!), there is an additional process that has to occur to submit a fix. To help us squash bugs, do the following :
- Find a bug you want to work on, or submit one into GitHub. Make a comment on the ticket that you plan on working on it so others don’t duplicate your work.
- Check out the source code from GIT. More information is available on the Source page.
- Set up your build environment. Check out the README included in the source code on how to do this. You will want to make sure that you can perform a compile before you go much further.
- Fix the bug. If you need help, ask the firstname.lastname@example.org mailing list. I’m sure we have pointers to help you out.
- Create a pull request on GitHub.
- A committer will review the patch and make sure it dosen’t break anything else.
- Sit back and bask in the glory that you helped make Royale better!